State Rep. Paul Torkelson is the GOP’s sixth assistant House minority leader to be named for the coming session.
Torkelson, a farmer and third-term legislator from Hanska, was appointed by Minority Leader Kurt Daudt.
Five other assistant minority leaders were elected by the caucus earlier this month:
- Rep. Steve Drazkowski (Mazeppa)
- Rep. Tara Mack (Apple Valley)
- Rep. Joe Schomacker (Luverne)
- Rep. Peggy Scott (Andover)
- Rep. Kelby Woodard (Belle Plaine)
Also, Rep. Jen Loon (Eden Prairie) was selected as deputy minority leader
and Rep. Tim Sanders (Blaine) will serve as minority caucus whip.