New DFL Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk has rounded out the caucus leadership posts with several appointments.
- State Sens. Chris Eaton (Brooklyn Center)
- Lyle Koenen (Clara City)
President pro tempore of the Minnesota Senate:
- Sen. Ann H. Rest (New Hope)
Previously, the new DFL majority caucus had elected these leaders:
- Sen. Katie Sieben (Newport): assistant majority leader
- Sen. Sandra Pappas (St. Paul): president of the Senate
- Sen. Richard Cohen (St. Paul): Finance Committee chair
- Sen. Rod Skoe (Clearbrook): Tax Committee chair
- Sen. Jeffrey Hayden (Minneapolis): deputy leader.
The session starts Jan. 8.