A rally at the state Capitol celebrating Earth Day is scheduled for 3 p.m. Monday and will focus on clean energy and jobs.
It will be held inside, in the Capitol rotunda.
Scheduled to be there are:
- Gov. Mark Dayton
- U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison
- State House Speaker Paul Thissen
- State Sen. John Marty
- State Rep. Melissa Hortman
- Will Steger
- Katie Mercer-Taylor, Youth Environmental Activists-MN
- Rev. Mark Peters, Lutheran Coalition of Public Policy in Minnesota
- Tim Gulden, Winona Renewable Energy, LLC
- Javier Morillo, SEIU Local 26
- Representatives from the Minnesota Clean Energy & Jobs Coalition
Organizers say the goals of the rally on Earth Day are to:
- Advance clean, renewable energy by strengthening the state’s renewable energy standard to 40 percent by 2030
- Make Minnesota a leader in solar energy by enacting a solar energy standard of 10 percent by 2030
- Save consumers money by improving energy efficiency and making it easier to generate local power.