A delegation of 35 business people, academics and government officials will join Gov. Mark Dayton on a trade mission to Germany, Sweden and Norway.
The list includes the governor’s two sons, Eric and Andrew, who own the Bachelor Farmer restaurant in Minneapolis.
All business people on the trip are paying their own way, state officials said.
They leave next week on the 10-day trip to Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Oslo and Stockholm, where they’ll “be exploring new trade opportunities, gathering market insights, acquiring business contacts and potential partners and distributors, and working to attract investment to Minnesota.”
The list of delegates for the June 12-21 trip was sent out by the Department of Employment and Economic Development:
- James Allen, founding partner, Masters Alliance Consultancy LLC
- Kjell Bergh, chairman and CEO, Borton Volvo Inc. and Borton Overseas LLC
- Edward Black, president and CEO, Reimbursement Strategies LLC
- Andrew Dayton, principal, The Daft Group
- Eric Dayton, principal, The Daft Group
- Ellen Ewald, partner, Tysvar LLC and mobileAxept Inc.
- Kevin Hanson, president, International Creative Capital LLC
- John Hasselberg, associate professor of global business leadership, College of St. Benedict and St. John’s University
- Jeffery Hensley, vice president, The Wall Cos./Minnesota Innovation Park
- Pat Hentges, city manager, Mankato
- Ralf Keysser, managing principal, Hannover Ltd.
- Michael Langley, CEO, Greater MSP
- Julie Langley, representative, Lakselaget
- Diana Lawson, dean, Herberger School of Business, St. Cloud State University
- Annette Lund, vice president, Diversified Plastics Inc.
- Terje Mikalsen, CEO and partner, Tysvar LLC and mobileAxept Inc.
- Bhabani Misra, director of graduate programs in software, University of St. Thomas
- Barbara Muller, attorney, Fredrikson & Byron
- Thomas Newton, vice president of business development, KNOCK Inc.
- Randy Pelletier, owner and president, Pellco Machine Inc.
- Bruce Peterson, executive dean for academic initiatives, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Earl Potter III, president, St. Cloud State University
- Jeffrey Rageth, vice president of public affairs, 3M
- Susan Rani, president, Rani Engineering
- Maureen Reed, executive director, Nobel Peace Prize Forum
- Devon Russell, owner and president, ViViR International LLC
- Jon Scheve, president of grain trading, Superior Feed Ingredients LLC
- Nick Scott, director of international transfer pricing, Grant Thornton LLP
- Ken Smith, president and CEO, Ever-Green Energy LLC
- Ivar Sorensen, managing partner, The M&A Group LLC
- Clifford Steer, professor of medicine and genetics, cell biology and development, University of Minnesota
- Lars Svensson, president, Klingborg Consulting LLC
- John Wall, president, The Wall Cos./Minnesota Innovation Park
- Pei Zhang, CEO and owner, Thin Film Sciences LLC
- Jonathan Zierdt, president and CEO, Greater Mankato Growth Inc.