Minnesotans United, the group that led the successful push to legalize gay marriage in Minnesota, has promised to support legislators who stuck their necks out, politically, to support it.
The new MN United PAC vowed to help in the (expected to be tough) re-election efforts of 15 legislators who voted for gay marriage, even though many of their districts had supported the gay-marriage-ban constitutional amendment last November.
Some of the 15 were DFLers; some, Republicans.
Now the group has sent an email appeal on behalf of five of those legislators:
- DFL Rep. Joe Radinovich of Crosby
- DFL Rep. Shannon Savick of Wells
- DFL Rep. Tim Faust of Hinckley
- DFL Rep. Roger Erickson of Baudette
- DFL Rep. John Persell of Bemidji
Minnesotans United’s Richard Carlbom said other appeals will be coming to help the other legislators.