DFL politicians are scheduled to hold daily discussions at the State Fair on topical issues, mostly involving their political accomplishments.
Here’s the schedule for the 1 p.m. panels, to be held in the booth on Dan Patch Ave., two blocks west of the Snelling Avenue entrance:
- Friday: A historic investment in education: Rep. Ryan Winkler, DFL-Golden Valley, and Sen. Alice Johnson, DFL-Spring Lake Park.
- Saturday: A balanced budget to move Minnesota forward: Sen. Matt Schmit, DFL-Red Wing, and Rep. Lyndon Carlson, DFL-Crystal.
- Sunday: Creating jobs and supporting economic development: Sen. Terri Bonoff, DFL-Minnetonka, and Rep. Tim Mahoney, DFL-St. Paul.
- Monday: Helping towns and cities provide essential services: Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak and St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman
- Tuesday: A salute to Minnesota’s military and veterans: Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, Sen. Kari Dziedzic, DFL-Minneapolis, and Rep. Jerry Newton, DFL-Coon Rapids.
- Wednesday: Expanding health care coverage in Minnesota: Sen. Jeff Hayden, DFL-Minneapolis, and Rep. Diane Loeffler, DFL-Minneapolis.
- Aug. 29: Invested in the state’s future: Speaker of the House Paul Thissen, DFL-Minneapolis, and Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk, DFL-Cook.
- Aug. 30: Investing in higher education: U.S. Congressman Keith Ellison and Sen. Sandy Pappas, DFL-St. Paul.
- Aug. 31: Environmental interest sees gains: Sen. John Marty, DFL-Roseville, and Rep. Melissa Hortman, DFL-Brooklyn Center.
- Sept. 1: Marriage equality: Sen. Scott Dibble, DFL-Minneapolis, will moderate a discussion about efforts to pass the bill.
- Sept. 2: Building a Better Minnesota: Steve Hunter, secretary-treasurer, AFL-CIO; Doug Peterson, executive director, Minnesota Farmers Union; Elliot Seide, executive director, AFSCME Council 5; and Phillip Cryan, organizing director, SEIU Healthcare Minnesota.