A list of America’s top 10 neighborhoods includes Kenwood in Minneapolis.
The “2013 Great Neighborhoods” list, part of the “2013 Great Places compilation from the American Planning Association, also includes San Francisco’s Chinatown and Downtown Mason City, Iowa.
About Kenwood, the association says:
Reminiscent of a sleepy rural hamlet but with decidedly more urbane architecture and scenic vistas, Kenwood Addition is both engaging and engaged. Its residents have a deep appreciation of their neighborhood’s history and assets and just as strong a desire to honor and protect them.
Here’s the entire top 10 neighborhoods list:
- San Francisco — Chinatown
- Norwich, Conn. — Downtown Norwich/Chelsea Landing
- Decatur, Ga. — Downtown Decatur
- Evanston, Ill. — Central Street Neighborhood
- Mason City, Iowa — Downtown Mason City
- Covington, Ky. — Historic Licking Riverside
- Minneapolis — Kenwood
- Beaufort, S.C. — Beaufort Historic District
- Norfolk, Va. — West Freemason
- Madison, Wis. — Williamson Marquette
Sadly and inexplicably to local boosters, no Minnesota places are included on the group’s 2013 Great Streets list or its Great Public Spaces list.
We’ll get ’em next year.