Kevin Walker, president and CEO of the Northwest Area Foundation, has been re-elected board chair of the Minnesota Council on Foundations.
The council board held its annual meeting this week and voted to keep Walker for a third term as chair.
The board also elected Kari Suzuki, director of operations for the Otto Bremer Foundation, a vice chair. She had been the board secretary.
Mark Hiemenz, partner relations officer for Minnesota Philanthropy Partners was elected board secretary; and Brad Kruse, program director for the Hugh J. Andersen Foundation, was reelected treasurer.
New directors elected to three-year terms ending in 2016 are:
- Susan Bass Roberts, director of community relations, Best Buy Foundation;
- Kim Borton, director of programs, Women’s Foundation of Minnesota;
- Chris Fulton, executive director, Grand Rapids Community Foundation;
- Jim Garness, senior foundation representative, Xcel Energy Foundation;
- Daniel Lemm, trustee, Tiwahe Foundation; and
- Mary Jane Melendez, associate director, General Mills Foundation.
And Kim Embretson, vice president of fund development, West Central Initiative was elected to a second three-year term ending in 2016.
The council is a regional association of grantmakers, including family and private independent foundations, community and other public foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. Its member organizations provide about three-quarters of all grantmaking in the state, with awards of more than $1 billion a year.