The Minnesota Orchestra board meets Friday and, in the wake of its recently-ended 16-month lockout, is expected to consider the future of its leadership.
The board appears divided on how it will deal with former Music Director Osmo Vänskä, who resigned during the lockout, and President and CEO Michael Henson, says Graydon Royce in the Star Tribune.
Says Royce’s story:
New board chairman Gordon Sprenger has praised Henson, while Vänskä has said that for the orchestra to heal, Henson should depart.
Musicians, who accepted a 15 percent pay cut in a new collective-bargaining agreement last month, have called for Henson’s ouster and Vänskä’s return.
The story says there is pressure for the board to resolve the issue before the orchestra’s March 27-29 performances of the Sibelius Symphonies No. 1 and 4.