The DFL’s annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner drew more than 2,000 people to the Minneapolis Convention Center Saturday, with U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren giving the keynote speech.
Also on the agenda, many awards for party members and supporters:
- Paul Austin, executive director, Conservation Minnesota, Willard Munger Award for Distinguished Environmental Stewardship
- Harry Melander, president, St. Paul Building & Construction Trades Council, The Paul D. Wellstone Award for Lifetime Commitment to Organized Labor
- Dave Fredrickson, commissioner, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Orville L. Freeman Award for Distinguished Service to Greater Minnesota and Agricultural Issues
- Nancy Larson, DFL activist, Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Dedication and Leadership to the Minnesota DFL
- Lt. Gov. Prettner Solon, Joan and Walter Mondale Award for Public Service
The party’s top echelon — Gov. Mark Dayton and U.S. Sens. Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken — were also featured at the fundraiser. Dayton and Franken, along with all the state House members, face reelection challenges in November.