Chris Dahlberg, the St. Louis County Commissioner seeking the Republican Party endorsement to run for U.S. Senate, announced endorsements Friday from 10 elected officials from around the state.
Dahlberg, a Duluth attorney who’s been on the county board for six years, is considered an underdog in the race, which features some candidates who appear better-known and better-funded, including state Sen. Julianne Ortman of Chanhassen, businessman Mike McFadden and state Rep. Jim Abeler of Anoka. There are other candidates, who all hope to be the GOP candidate facing Sen. Al Franken in November.
Dahlberg, who pitches himself as the race’s non-metro candidate, said:
“Nobody knows better the needs of Minnesotans than people who are serving right here in our state, and that is why it’s so gratifying and humbling to be formally endorsed today by these 10 fine leaders.”
His endorsers today are:
- Kip Bruender, Blue Earth County Commissioner
- Mike Forsman, St. Louis County Commissioner
- Gary Gamble, Cook County Commissioner
- Jake Gillen, Rice County Commissioner
- Jeff Howe, State Representative 13B
- Jeff Johnson, St. Cloud City Council
- Brian Napstad, Aitkin County Commissioner
- Mark Piepho, Blue Earth County Commissioner
- Rich Sve, Lake County Commissioner
- Marcia Ward, Winona County Commissioner