Minnesota Department of Transportation officials are rolling out their Statewide Bicycle System Plan with workshops around the state this spring.
The plan follows a recently completed study of bike accommodations around the state and ways to integrate bicycle use into new projects.
The workshops will provide an overview of the plan, along with kid activities and bicycling information.
Organizers say they want to learn from participants such things as:
- Where do you feel comfortable biking?
- What destinations to you want to reach by bicycle?
- What highways affect your biking experience?
- How should MnDOT prioritize it’s biking improvements?
The statewide workshops all run from 4 – 6 p.m. and will be held:
- April 23 in St. Cloud – Whitney Senior Center, 1527 Northway Drive
- April 30 in Granite Falls – Kilowatt Center, 600 Kilowatt Dr.
- May 1 in Fergus Falls – West Central Lakes Initiative, 1000 Western Ave.
- May 6 in Mankato – Blue Earth County Library, 100 E. Main St.
- May 7 in Bemidji – Hampton Inn, 1019 Paul Bunyan Dr. S.
- May 8 in Duluth – City Hall, 411 W. First St.
- May 13 in Rochester – University Center Rochester, Heintz Center 102, 1926 Collegeview Rd. E
- May 14 in St. Paul – Wellstone Center Westside Room, 179 Robie St E.
- May 15 in Minneapolis – University of Minnesota Urban Research and Outreach Center, 2001 Plymouth Ave N.