Minnesota DFL party officials have posted the schedule for their May 30 – June 1 state convention in Duluth, where Gov. Mark Dayton and U.S. Sen. Al Franken will be formally endorsed for reelection.
There won’t be many surprises this year, with incumbents getting the nod in most state-wide races, including State Auditor Rebecca Otto and Attorney General Lori Swanson.
There will be a contested battle to replace Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, who isn’t seeking reelection. State Reps. Debra Hilstrom and Steve Simon are seeking that endorsement.
The schedule for events at the DECC, (Duluth Entertainment Convention Center) on the waterfront:
Friday, May 30
- 2 p.m., final screening by the Nominations Committee.
- 3-5:30 p.m., registration
- 4-5 p.m., training sessions
Saturday, May 31
- 8-10 a.m., training sessions
- 10:30 a.m., call to order
- Morning and early afternoon, endorsements for State Auditor Rebecca Otto, Attorney General Lori Swanson; followed by Secretary of State battle between Hilstrom and Simon.
- 4 p.m., or thereabouts, endorsement for Gov. Mark Dayton and new Lt. Gov. running mate, Tina Smith.
- 5 p.m. or so, endorsement of U.S. Sen. Al Franken.
Sunday, June 1
- 10 a.m., call to order
- Platform and Constitution committee reports and elect 16 state directors.