Five members of Minnesota’s election canvassing board have been named; they’ll certify the state election results, starting with Tuesday’s primary.
By law, the canvassing board is made up of the Minnesota Secretary of State and four judges — two from the state Supreme Court and two district court judges.
So Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, who’s not running for re-election this year, has to be on the list. The four others are:
- Supreme Court Associate Justice G. Barry Anderson, Minnesota
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Christopher Dietzen,
- Fourth District Judge Fred Karasov,
- Fourth District Judge Lyonel Norris
The board’s first session will be Aug. 19, when they’ll certify results of Tuesday’s primary.
They’ll also meet after the Nov. 4 general election.
Ritchie, as secretary of state, has been on the board for the previous three state-wide elections, but the judges have changed.
The 2012 canvassing board judges were:
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Alan Page
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Christopher J. Dietzen
- Second District Judge Rosanne Nathanson
- Second District Judge David C. Higgs
The 2010 judges were:
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Paul H. Anderson
- Supreme Court Associate Justice David R. Stras
- Second District Judge Gregg E. Johnson
- Fourth District Judge Denise D. Reilly