A Census Bureau report today indicates that the median metro area income was basically the same in 2013 as it was in 2010, when the recession ended, until 2013.
And the poverty level dropped just a hair during that time.
- Median household income: $67,194, was not statistically different from 2010 ($66,651).
- Median earnings for male full-time, year-round workers: $55,381.
- Median earnings for female full-time, year-round workers: $45,412.
- With Food Stamp/SNAP benefits: 8.9 percent; up from 7.3 percent in 2010.
- Below poverty level: 10.3 percent of people. This was down from 10.9 percent in 2010.
- Children below poverty level: 13.3 percent in 2013. This was down from 14.8 percent in 2010.