Six Minnesota nonprofits have been selected for awards in a program sponsored by the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) and MAP for Nonprofits.
- Innovation Award: Conflict Resolution Center, which brings “people together to find lasting and effective solutions to conflict.”
- Advocacy Award: 5% Campaign, “a nonpartisan coalition of Minnesotans that came together to ask state legislators for a 5% rate increase for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) in 2014.”
- Anti-Racism Award: CLIMB Theater, which produces “plays and classes on topics like bullying and substance abuse prevention, environmental stewardship and acceptance of differences.”
- Responsive Philanthropy Award: PFund Foundation, a “vital resource and community builder for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.”
- Excellence Award: CommonBond Communities, Inc., which “provides safe and affordable housing and services that help adults stabilize their lives, students advance in school, and seniors and people living with disabilities live independently.”
- Excellence Award: YouthCARE, for its “ambitious multicultural youth development programs to empower youth in Minneapolis and St. Paul to thrive and lead through real life employment and leadership opportunities, outside-of-school-time programming and relationships with caring adults.”