The Minnesota House GOP caucus, back in the majority for the upcoming legislative session, has set its leadership group.
The members had previously selected Kurt Daudt as Speaker-designate and Joyce Peppin as Majority Leader. So those two announced the new team:
Majority Caucus Whip
- Rep. Dan Fabian of Roseau. His job as whip is to communicate information to other members of the caucus during floor debate and prior to votes (and figuratively whip them into line).
Assistant Majority Leaders:
- Dave Baker, newly-elected from Willmar
- Rep. Deb Kiel of Crookston
- Rep. Ron Kresha of Little Falls
- Rep. Kathy Lohmer of Stillwater
- Rep. Tim Sanders of Blaine
- Rep. Chris Swedzinski of Ghent
In announcing the team, Daudt said:
We will work together with Minnesotans to grow good-paying jobs, protect our seniors’ quality of life, give our students a world-class education and prioritize roads and bridges.
The session, with a DFL majority in the Senate and the GOP controlling the House, starts Jan. 6.