The Minnesota Council on Foundations has elected a new board of directors; the new chair is Brad Kruse, philanthropy director at the Hugh J. Andersen Foundation.
Other board officers for 2015 are:
- June Noronha, senior manager, Native Nations Team, Bush Foundation, vice chair;
- JoAnn Birkholz, foundation director, Medica Foundation, secretary;
- Steve Joul, president, Central Minnesota Community Foundation, treasurer.
New directors elected to three-year terms ending in 2017 are:
- Sarah Duniway, trustee, Gray Plant Mooty Foundation;
- Frank Forsberg, senior vice president of systems change and innovation, Greater Twin Cities United Way;
- Aretha Green-Rupert, program officer, Otto Bremer Foundation; and
- Judson McNeil, president, The Toro Company Giving Program and The Toro Foundation.
Directors elected to second three-year terms ending in 2017 are:
- Gary Nan Tie, trustee, Jerome Foundation; and
- Tim Thorpe, trustee, James R. Thorpe Foundation.
The council is a regional association of grantmakers, including family and private independent foundations, community and other public foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. Member organizations award more than $1 billion in grants each year, representing three-quarters of grantmaking in the state.