The Metropolitan Council will hold a series of open houses in April to give residents along the planned Southwest LRT line a look at station concepts and design.
The light rail line, the Green Line extension, will run through Minneapolis, St. Louis Park, Hopkins, Minnetonka, and Eden Prairie. There are 17 stations planned along the 16 miles of track. It’s scheduled to start operating in 2019.
The April meetings will provide residents with a look at the station architecture concepts and information about station design. Staff will take comments and answer questions.
The planned meetings are:
- April 2, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- April 8, 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Dunwoody College of Technology 818 Dunwoody Blvd., Minneapolis
St. Louis Park stations:
- April 8, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- St. Louis Park City Hall, 5005 Minnetonka Blvd., St. Louis Park
Eden Prairie stations:
- April 9, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Eden Prairie City Center 8080 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie
Hopkins and Minnetonka stations:
- April 14, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Hopkins City Hall, 1010 First Street South, Hopkins