The deadline for public comment on the Southwest Light Rail line’s Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement has been extended to July 21.
Earlier, the comment deadline had been July 6, but the Federal Transit Administration and the Metropolitan Council have extended it for 15 additional days. They said the extension came at the request of “corridor stakeholders.” There will be no additional public hearings.
The proposed Southwest LRT line would run from downtown Minneapolis through St. Louis Park, Hopkins, Minnetonka and Eden Prairie, passing close to Edina.
Last month, the Metropolitan Council proposed some cuts to the line after it was learned that costs had risen by $340 million to a new estimate of $2 billion.
Copies of the supplemental draft EIS document are available online, or hard copies can be reviewed at these locations:
- Eden Prairie City Hall: 8080 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie,
- Eden Prairie Public Library: 565 Prairie Center Drive,
- Minnetonka City Hall: 14600 Minnetonka Blvd,
- Minnetonka Public Library: 17524 Excelsior Blvd,
- Hopkins City Hall: 1010 First Street South,
- Hopkins Public Library: 22 Eleventh Avenue North,
- Edina City Hall: 4801 West 50th Street,
- St. Louis Park City Hall: 5005 Minnetonka Blvd,
- St. Louis Park Public Library: 3240 Library Lane,
- Southwest LRT Project Office: 6465 Wayzata Blvd., Suite 500,
- Minneapolis City Hall: City Engineer’s Office, 350 South Fifth Street, Room 203,
- Minneapolis Central Library: 300 Nicollet Mall,
- Walker Public Library: 2880 Hennepin Avenue,
- Linden Hills Public Library: 2900 West 43rd Street,
- Sumner Public Library: 611 Van White Memorial Blvd.,
- Franklin Public Library: 1314 East Franklin Avenue,
- Metropolitan Council Library: 390 Robert Street North,
- Minnesota Department of Transportation Library: 395 John Ireland Blvd.,
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library: 645 State Office Building, 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.