Gov. Mark Dayton has named seven new members to the Governor’s Task Force on Broadband, which works to expand high-speed Internet in the state.
The group will meet Aug. 4, at Minnesota Farmfest, near Redwood Falls, during a day of focus on the importance of broadband to rural Minnesota.
Newly appointed members of the 15-person group are:
- Hannah Buckland, Leech Lake Tribal College, Bemidji
- Denise Dittrich, Minnesota School Boards Association, Champlin
- Kevin Hansen, Thomson Reuters, St. Paul
- Shannon Heim, Dykema, Minneapolis
- Neela Mollgaard, Red Wing Ignite, Red Wing
- Donald Niles, city of Wadena
- Andrew Schriner, CenturyLink, Eagan
Margaret Anderson Kelliher of the Minnesota High Tech Association in Minneapolis was reappointed chair of the task force.
Other returning members are:
- Angie Dickison, Lake County, Two Harbors
- Maureen Ideker, Essentia Health, Sunburg
- Bernadine Joselyn, Blandin Foundation, Grand Rapids
- Steve Lewsader, CWA Local 7201, South St. Paul
- Daniel Richter, MVTV Wireless, Granite Falls
- Dick Sjoberg, Sjoberg’s Inc., Thief River Falls
- Paul Weirtz, AT&T, Bayport