Free Arts will set up interviews and start the training in September. For more details, see the volunteer process outline below.
All are welcome to join in this meaningful volunteer experience as we help these youth recover and reconcile their painful histories of abuse through artwork.
Free Arts Minnesota volunteer process:
1. Complete the online volunteer application.
2. Submit three personal and/or professional references. It’s easy — just send your potential references a link to our reference form.
3. Pass a complete a background check (required by Free Arts and Free Arts partner facilities).
4. Complete an interview with a Free Arts staff member and determine which facility will best suit your needs.
5. Attend a volunteer training. A large group training takes place in September; smaller group trainings are also held periodically.
6. Share your creative abilities and compassion with children and parents on a regular basis.
7. Build trust with the children by arriving at the same time, on the same day, promptly each week.
8. Attend free volunteer workshops. Workshops and sessions are not mandatory but are strongly encouraged.
9. Complete online weekly surveys when you are the team leader or if you’re asked by the team leader.