Looking to make a meaningful impact in your community? Want to improve your understanding of the social injustices around you every day? Interested in developing ties with the diverse community of established and emerging social justice leaders in Minnesota?
The Headwaters Foundation for Justice Social Justice Leadership Institute is seeking approximately 25 emerging Twin Cities leaders from diverse backgrounds who are interested in investing themselves in the community to better understand local injustices and bring about transformative change. (For more details on the program, click here.)
Participants are asked to commit to a total of nine meetings — an overnight retreat in September, followed by monthly meetings on the last Thursday of the month from October 2011 through June 2012.
This is your chance to join a legacy of leaders paving the way for social justice.
Individuals interested in applying to the Social Justice Leadership Institute are asked to complete an online application form, which takes applicants through the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in participating in the Social Justice Leadership Institute?
2. What do justice and equity mean to you?
3. What do you hope to do with the new information and personal growth you gain from this experience?
4. Explain how your unique background will add to our diverse group dynamic.
5. How would you describe your schedule from Fall 2011 through Spring 2012? (flexible/tight/booked)
6. Can you commit to attending all sessions, making a personally significant financial contribution to the project and setting a goal of fundraising from friends, family and community?
Begin the application process now. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 21, 2011.
All applications must be submitted electronically.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance to the program within one month of the application deadline.
For more information, contact David Nicholson, Program Director: david [at] headwatersfoundation [dot] org.