The TC Jewfolk blog has alerted MinnPost’s YPN that the Minneapolis Jewish Federation (MJF) is currently hiring a full-time Campaign Associate and Affinity Group Manager for their Minnetonka, Minn. office.
The Campaign Associate and Affinity Group Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all fundraising strategies, including direct fundraising and outreach and engagement activities in relation to the Cardozo Society (an affinity group for Jewish attorneys, judges and law students), Maimonides Society (an affinity group for Jewish Medical professionals) and the Agency Campaign (a fundraising effort for the Annual Campaign for all Minneapolis Jewish Federation partner agencies and synagogues that receive funding).
This position involves fundraising initiatives, event planning and programming, working with volunteer committees and implementing outreach and engagement strategies to support the mission of the MJF.
The Campaign Associate and Affinity Group Manager works closely with staff and volunteers to identify, cultivate and engage donors in these areas, including through solicitations.
Core responsibilities regarding the Cardozo Society and Maimonides Society:
– Writing and implementing a campaign plan with goals, objectives and benchmarks
– Developing and implementing strategies to increase funds raised for the annual campaign; recover skipped gifts; and secure new gifts through outreach, engagement, relationship building and follow up
– Helping to build a campaign cabinet of volunteers
– Partnering with the Federation of St. Paul to oversee steering committee meetings, award meetings, annual dinners and other relevant events and correspondence
– Regularly communicating campaign results and related information to cabinet members and campaign workers
Core responsibilities regarding the Agency Campaign
– Arranging and coordinating meetings for the Annual Campaign Chair and Women’s Philanthropy Chair with each partner agency and education-funded synagogue to develop a case for giving to the Annual Community Campaign
– Working with Federation staff to collect, gather and update internal records on agencies’ boards and staff
– Working with the Marketing Dept. to develop a presentation that incorporates information learned in meetings that can help build the case for the Annual Community Campaign
– Working with the chairs of the Agency Campaign (one agency director and one agency president) to set up presentations and solicitations of all partner agency boards and staff
– Monitoring the progress of each agency in having full campaign participation and working with campaign leadership to help create an incentive program where appropriate
– Working with other campaign staff and workers who are assigned to agency board members to complete solicitations in a timely fashion
– Maintaining records and reporting to campaign leadership on a regular basis regarding progress
– Handling all email and telephone inquiries regarding Cardozo, Maimonides and the Agency Campaign in a timely fashion and keeping notes in a database
– Staffing and attending all relevant affinity group events
– Attending staff meetings on regular basis
– Attending MJF events as assigned by campaign director
– Working with the Federation database to input information, create and generate reports, set up groups and utilize new communications technology
– Promoting the Federation both in and out of the office
Job requirements: A B.A. and a minimum of three years of nonprofit or related work experience in fundraising, commissioned sales or a related field. The ability to work evenings as part of the regular work schedule. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other office computer programs. Excellent communication and written skills.
Preferred qualifications: Knowledge of Jewish communal organizations is a plus.
Application process: Submit résumé and cover letter to Dana Rubin, Director of Annual Campaign and Women’s Philanthropy. Application materials can be emailed to drubin [at] mplsfed [dot] org or mailed to:
Minneapolis Jewish Federation
Attn: Dana Rubin
13100 Wayzata Blvd., Ste. 200
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Interested applicants may also apply online.
Application deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Additional questions: Contact Dana Rubin, Director of Annual Campaign and Women’s Philanthropy: drubin [at] mplsfed [dot] org.