Meeting suppliers include both venues — convention centers, event spaces, hotels, resorts — and service providers, such as visitors bureaus, airlines, catering companies, audio/visual companies, event facilitators and speakers.
Whether you’re interested in breaking into the meeting supplier field, are an event planner looking for insight into collaborating with suppliers to ensure your events are successful, or are simply looking to make new connections in the meeting industry, “A Day in the Life of a Supplier” will give you a leg up.
A panel of professional suppliers will discuss the daily duties of their jobs and examine their roles in partnering with event planners to deliver all aspects of an event, whether it be a fundraising gala, a corporate retreat, a tradeshow or conference.
This free event will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 19, on the downtown Minneapolis campus of the University of St. Thomas.
– Ross Bernstein, motivational speaker and best-selling sports author
– Karina Gronberg, sales manager, The Marquette Hotel – Minneapolis
– Jaimie Mattes, director of global accounts, HelmsBriscoe; immediate past president, MPI MN Chapter
– Brooke Whaylen, sales director in charge of meetings and events, Visit Minneapolis North
– Devie Hagen, president and CEO, Elan Speakers Agency
Time: 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2011
Place: Room 460, Terrence Murphy Hall, University of St. Thomas, 1000 LaSalle Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55403