Please read user agreement (amended as of October 20, 2015) before using this service. By continuing to use MinnPost.com, you agree to abide by the conditions of this agreement.
MinnPost.com Service User Agreement
©2015 MinnPost.com. All Rights Reserved.
1. Welcome to MinnPost.com ("Service"). By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement and by our Commenting Guidelines. The Service is currently free to all users. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time. By registering for this Service and/or continuing to use this Service after the posting of Notices regarding such changes, you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. You represent that you have read and agree to abide by the following MinnPost.com Commenting Guidelines:
MinnPost welcomes user comments on our stories and posts. MinnPost's mission is to engage the public in news analysis of issues in their community and to encourage interaction with our editors, writers and other posters. We intend for this area to be used by our readers as a place for civil, thought-provoking and high-quality public discussion. In order to achieve this, MinnPost requires that all commenters register and post comments with their actual names and place of residence. MinnPost reserves the right to remove postings that include the use of foul language, personal attacks or the use of language that may be libelous or interpreted as inciting hate or sexual harassment; however we are under no obligation to do so. User comments may be reviewed by moderators and may be included or excluded at our discretion.
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this Service, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, enhance, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, or sublicense any such communication (including your identity and information about you) in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so.
3. This Service (including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
4. (a) Except for content you have posted on the Service, or unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this Service for your own personal use as follows: you may make one machine readable copy and/or one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. For more information on our Rights & Permissions policy, please write to MinnPost.com Editor 900 6th Avenue S.E., Suite 220, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414. You may also call 612-455-6950 or email editors [at] minnpost [dot] com.
(b) MinnPost.com has been specially designed for presentation of content in a unique format and appearance to our users. We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Without limiting the provisions of (5a), neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright that has not been authorized by us.
(c) Just as MinnPost.com requires users to respect our copyrights, and those of our affiliates and partners, we respect the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify MinnPost.com by email at editors [at] minnpost [dot] com, in writing at MinnPost 900 6th Avenue S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55414 or by telephone at: 612-455-6950. This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere on this site.
5. MinnPost.com does not currently charge for its Service. If MinnPost.com does initiate a charge for its Service, notification of such charges will be posted on our home page. You will be responsible for all charges, if any, incurred while your account is being used, including charges for any goods or services. You are also responsible for all statements made or materials posted under your account, including liability for harm caused by such statements or materials. You may not transfer, sell, or otherwise assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MinnPost.com and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or the MinnPost.com Service Commenting Guidelines, or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
7. This Service is available "as is." We do not warrant that this Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through this Service. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Service. We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Service or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Service. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Service or available though links in this Service. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this Service but are under no obligation to do so. We do not guarantee or warrant that this Service or materials that may be downloaded from this Service do not contain viruses, worms or other destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Service and any materials available through this Service, you do so solely at your own risk.
8. MINNPOST.COM AND ITS PARENT AND AFILLIATES, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, DONORS, AGENTS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF DATA, IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS SERVICE OR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THIS SERVICE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT). ANY CLAIM AGAINST US SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR USE OF THIS SERVICE.
9. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time. Sections three (3) and six (6) through nine (9) of this Agreement shall survive such termination.
10. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Minnesota. Any action to enforce this Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
How Can I Opt-Out of Online Advertising Cookies?
Often our advertisers contract with a third-party service to host their ads. In this case, an ad serving vendor contacts the advertisers’ hosting service for a particular advertisement. In that case, an independent cookie may be used by the third-party service. We do not have a mechanism to allow visitors to opt-out of cookies from vendors with whom we do not have a contractual relationship.
Technology on the Internet is developing at a rapid pace, and we need to maintain our flexibility in the online arena. If we need to change our policy in the future, we will post these changes as soon as they go into effect.
Seattle implemented a $15 minimum wage two years ago. Here's what Minneapolis could learn from that fight25 comments