Gov. Mark Dayton and Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak held a press conference Thursday to urge the two sides in the Minnesota Orchestra dispute to meet face to face to try to resolve their issues.
The nearly year-long lockout caused the cancellation of one season already and threatens the coming season. The orchestra was scheduled for concerts at Carnegie Hall in November, but those may be in jeopardy if the contract dispute isn’t settled soon.
The governor and mayor said they aren’t taking sides, but Rybak said the “future of the Minnesota Orchestra is at stake.”
Last week, the orchestra previewed a $50 million renovation of Orchestra Hall that was completed during the lockout.
There was no indication from either side that a resolution is imminent.