The Humphrey School of Public Affairs will bestow its annual Hubert H. Humphrey Public Leadership Awards Wednesday night.
Honored for “critical contributions to the common good through leadership and service” will be:
- Vernon Jordan Jr., former president of the National Urban League, for a lifelong commitment to standing up and speaking out for social justice, and building critical institutions dedicated to the promotion of civil rights;
- Sen. Howard Baker, for his leadership in building broad and bipartisan support for both legislative and judicial efforts to protect civil rights;
- General Mills, for its broad and enduring commitment to diversity and its willingness to devote significant and substantial resources to promote equity and inclusion;
- Chanda Smith Baker, president and CEO of Pillsbury United Communities in Minneapolis, for her tireless efforts to ensure low-income individuals and families are successful in the Twin Cities and around the country; and
- Sherri Knuth, Policy and Outreach Manager, League of Women Voters Minnesota, for her efforts to promote citizen participation in the electoral process.
The 12th annual awards ceremony will be on Wednesday, at 6:30 p.m., at the McNamara Alumni Center on the University of Minnesota’s East Bank campus.